Constitution Day 2016
Constitution Day is September 17th but will be celebrated in schools on the 16th. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the Miranda Warning. This middle to high school level set will help your students understand the Amendments that are behind the Warning.
- Understand the historical events that led to the right to remain silent
- Recognize the impacts brought about by Miranda v. Arizona
- Defend a position related to Miranda
- Gain insight into the reasoning used by the Supreme Court in Miranda v. Arizona
- Come to a better understanding of the constitutional rights afforded to each person in our system of justice
- Make real-world connections
Our partner organization, the Missouri Press Foundation, has shared a Constitution Quiz about the Constitution. Challenge your students!