National Newspaper Week 2018
This 78th annual National Newspaper Week is a recognition of the service of newspapers and their employees across North America. The theme this year's campaign is “Journalism matters. Now more than ever.”.
During National Newspaper Week 2018, let’s work together to recognize the important role that newspapers play in our society today.
Explore the newspaper with your students!
1. Explore the evolution of the newspapers from past to present.
2. Integrate literacy strategies into existing curriculum using the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
3. Create a classroom or school newspaper.
4. Introduce your students to the interview process, styles of writing and photojournalism using NIE's Journalism 101 lessons.
5. Discuss where the news comes from and what constitutes a reliable source.
Content provided by: www.nationalnewspaperweek.com, www.americanpressinstitute.org, www.edu..., www.mopress.com