Veterans Day 2018
Veterans Day falls on November 11 annually. This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice, which ended the World War I hostilities between the Allied nations and Germany in 1918. Veterans are thanked for their services to the United States on Veterans Day.
Please join Newspapers in Education in thanking all who have served and those that have given the ultimate sacrifice.
Content provided by: www.teachervision.com, www.sharemylesson.com, www.educationworld.com, www.nea.org
Check out the recommend books below to share with students to celebrate Veterans Day:
- Ansary, Mir Tamim. Veterans Day, 2nd Edition (Holiday Histories). Heinemann, 2001. (Also in Spanish.)
- Ashabranner , Brent. Always to Remember: The Story of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Scholastic, 1992.
- Ashabranner, Brent. Remembering Korea: Korean War. 21st Century, 2001.
- Ashabranner, Brent. Their Names To Live By. 21st Century, 1998.
- Brill, Marlene Targ. Veterans Day (On My Own, Holidays). First Avenue Editions, 2005. (also in Spanish)
- Bunting, Eve. The Wall. Clarion Books, 1992.
- Cotton, Jacqueline S. Veterans Day (Rookie Read-About Holidays). Children's Press, 2002.
- De Capua, Sarah. The Vietnam Memorial (Cornerstones of Freedom). Children's Press, 2003.
- Ferry, Joseph. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial (American Symbols & Their Meanings). Mason Crest Publishers, 2002.
- Henry, Heather French. Pepper's Purple Heart: A Veterans Day Story. Cubbie Blue Publishing, 2003.
- Landau, Elaine. Veterans Day: Remembering Our War Heroes (Finding Out About Holidays). Enslow Elementary, 2002.
- Nelson, Robin. Veterans Day (First Step Nonfiction). Lerner Publications, 2005.
- Peter, James S. The Saga of Black Navy Veterans of World War II. International Scholars Press, 1996.
- Rosinsky, Natalie. Vietnam Veterans Memorial (We the People). Compass Point Books, 2006.
- Sevastiades, Patra McSharry. The Vietnam Veterans Memorial (The Library of American Landmarks). PowerKids Press, 1994.
- Schuch, Mari C. Veterans Day (Pebble Books). Capstone Press, 2003.
- Worsley, Arlene. Veterans Day (American Holidays). Weigl Publishers, 2006.