Geography Awareness Week
Since 1987, Geography Awareness Week has provided opportunities for schools and families to engage in entertaining educational experiences. Geography Awareness Week is celebrated every third week of November. Explore geography with your students with these lessons!
- Partner with another school or classroom to encourage collaboration and cross-cultural engagement.
- Host a film screening that relates to geography.
- Go Geo-caching! (A high-tech scavenger hunt.)
- Organize a poster, art, photo, or poetry contest on your campus, in your office, or in your community that encourages people to celebrate geography in everyday life.
- Host a speaker series and invite someone who has done something related to geography that is interesting or inspiring.