National Engineers Week
National Engineers Week is dedicated to ensuring a diverse and well-educated future engineering workforce by increasing understanding of and interest in engineering and technology careers.
Turn a pile of common household materials into a balloon-powered car—and watch it go! In this activity you will use your skills to build a car that is propelled by a balloon using the Engineer Design Process.
Check out these STLtoday stories for extended learning:
- Middle schoolers launched a boat from New Hampshire in 2020. It was found in Norway 462 days later
- 3 University of Illinois faculty recognized for engineering
- 4 ways to help STEM majors stay the course
- Biden admin unveils changes to attract foreign STEM students
- STL metro shows strength in STEM professions