National Newspaper Week 2020
The 80th annual National Newspaper Week is a recognition of the service of newspapers and their employees across North America.
During National Newspaper Week 2020, use the below activities with your students or child to learn about the important role that newspapers play in our society today.
1. Explore the evolution of newspapers from past to present.
3. Create a classroom or school newspaper.
4. Introduce your students to the interview process, styles of writing and photojournalism using NIE's Journalism 101 lessons..
5. Discuss where the news comes from and what constitutes a reliable source.
6. Learn about famous Missouri journalists.